
I haven't uploaded a photo for ages, which shows how busy I've been with my new job, I guess. But now it's half-term and I've got a little time to indulge. My friend Jane from work has a similar camera to mine, and we agreed to meet up, take photos and swap camera tips. We went to my favourite site for shooting, Birnbeck pier. When we arrived the light was poor and we were getting poor results, but as the sun set the cloud was just thin enough to allow some feature in the sky. Then the lights in Cardiff came on, across the water, and we started getting some very pleasing results. This one is a thirty second exposure taken in very low light. I like the glow in the sky from the Welsh lights, and the fact that there is a Wall's Ice Cream sign visible on the derelict pier. Also, the long exposure time has smoothed out the sea in a rather pleasing way. I can't wait to see Jane's results - from what I could see on the camera, they looked fabulous.
EDIT: Here's Jane's version. Fabulous indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment