Friday, 3 September 2010

Butterflies



This was taken about a year ago. I thought I'd put it on the blog ages ago, but I guess I only put it on Flickr.

Kath and I, and our youngest son Jacob went down to the creek which runs into the Bristol Channel a couple of miles from our house. We had a fun time exploring and I took my camera hoping to get some photos of land/seascapes or of the boats, in various states of repairs, which are moored (or sometimes abandoned) there.

I didn't really get anything interesting though, but the bushes around the place were full of butterflies. I got some nice shots of Jacob walking between two bushes with butterflies flying all around his head. For this one I used a long lens and a wide aperture to get the shallow depth of field.

3 comments:

  1. I like the pictures, especially the owl. Excellent stuff...

    From another Nick Smart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Atropos, and thanks other Nick!

    ReplyDelete